- Easter is the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ in the Christian religion.
- Eggs have been seen as an ancient symbol of fertility, while springtime is considered to bring new life and rebirth.
- 70% of Easter candy purchased is chocolate and 80% of people say the bunny ears are eaten first. Even this cheeky bub thought so:
4. The first story of a rabbit (later named the “Easter Bunny”) hiding eggs in a garden was published in 1680.
5. Easter takes place on a Sunday, after the 40-day period called Lent. Lent is referred to as a time of fasting, but participants focus more on giving up one significant indulgence .For example my brother in law gives up drinking soft drinks during lent.
6. Holy Week is celebrated during the week leading up to Easter. It begins on Palm Sunday, continues on to Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and then finally, Easter Sunday.
What does Easter mean to you and how do you celebrate ?
Lets us know in the comments below